the andersens...

matt . courtney . avery . adalynn . aftyn

Friday, November 7, 2008

The Jessica Simpson concert!


Katie is the one on the right!


Matt and Warren Moon


So last night I felt like I was in High School again! My friend from High School, Katie Marino is one of back up singers for Jessica Simpson, and they had a concert in Snoqualmie last night. Katie called me about one hour before we had to leave and said Hey I can get you and your husband in to tonight's concert if you can come, so I hurried up and got dressed and told Matt he had to come with me because it is about a 2 and half hour drive and the roads were not very good so I needed him to drive. We had to go to her hotel and get our "VIP" passes, yes we were VIP, and then head to concert. So when I found out it was in Casino I thought jeans we would be fine, wouldn't you?...Well I had NO idea that this was the first night the casino was open and it was not even open to the public yet. This was an invite night and EVERYONE was in tuxedos and fancy dresses! We were sooooo embarrassed! When we got in the concert we did see just a few other people dressed like us but Oh well,, there was nothing we could do at that point! So we sat down in the 5th row and Warren Moon sat down right in front of us, so Matt got excited and I was like, who is that... after laughing a little he told me that he was a very well known quarterback! So we got there picture taken, Matt moved to fast! Then we saw Blake Lewis from American Idol. The concert was so good, I was more excited to see Katie but Jessica actually sang really good and put on a fun show! It was so neat to see Katie up there, it was weird to see someone you know singing with someone so famous! After the show we went back stage and met the band and some other people. Katie told us she might be opening up for Pink next year, by herself! She has an amazing voice, I am so proud of her! You can hear some of her music here... http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=12126922

11 comments:

Heidi said...

That is hilarious you went to that! We were watching the news last night and they were covering the crazy traffic around the casino and interviewed Warren Moon (I asked Kyle who that was too) so it's funny you guys saw him!!! That is cool your friend sings with her. Sounds like a fun and spontaneous night.

Brenda said...

That is rad! And a little crazy since I went to a concert last night too. Freaky! What a cool experience to be VIP. Does it stand for Very Incompetant Partywear? Sorry, I couldn't come up with anything cleverer than that. Becky's better with useless creativity like that. Glad you had a great time!

Holly said...

Awesome! You guys are in with the big wigs now! Glad you had a fun night! The girls look so cute in their costumes...can't wait to see you all!

Worsham Family said...

That is so great!!! I am glad you had a great time and got to see your friend. I bet Matt was actually glad he went since he got to meet Warren Moon :) Shelli

Heather said...

How fun! Brett was jealous about Warren Moon. Can't wait to see you guys! Just two more weeks!

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Stewart Family said...

Oh my gosh Courtney! You are so funny! I love your posts!!! You crack me up!

Sybil

Jason Stewart Family said...

Oh my gosh Courtney! You are so funny! I love your posts!!! You crack me up!

Sybil

Jill said...

How long will you be in CA for Christmas? We aren't moving until Jan. 8th or somewhere around there. Hopefully you'll still be around, but if not we'll have to get together the next time you're down!

babytomsmom said...

Ok so I officailly suck at this blog thing. I just cant find the time!!! But that is sooo awesome that you guys got to go!!! She is amazing!!! Call me when you are in town. We miss you!!! Xo

babytomsmom said...

I added a new blog!!!!!!!