the andersens...

matt . courtney . avery . adalynn . aftyn

Friday, August 7, 2009

Aftyn's CT scan

Aftyn getting ready to go in ( Thanks Katie for the stroller)


She needed a lttle oxygen after coming out..

After she woke up... she ate and was back out!

Last night we went over to Seattle and stayed the night because Aftyn had to be at Children's at 7:30 this morning, which made it so nice because we got to have dinner with Ramsay and Kristi, some good friends of ours, and their 4 beautiful kids!
Aftyns appointment went well. I have been really nervous about this appointment because they were going to have to put her under for it and inject her with the dye. I had no idea how she would react and as any mother would, I did not want her to be upset. They let us go in and watch her be put under and then we had to leave her in there for only about 10 minutes. It was really sweet watching her little eyes close sooo slowly and I admit I was a little choked up watching that but then the Anestheseologist asked me if I wanted to give her a kiss and tell her I would see her in a minute and I lost it. All different emotions went running through my head, and I know it was only a CT scan but I kept thinking to myself why does my perfect baby girl have to go through this, because I know what is next for her. I am having a really hard time with the fact that she has to go through this surgery, I don't want her or any of my girls to hurt and it is killing me that she has to do this. I love her surgeon, I think he is a great guy, but I still left a little confused. We still are not quite sure on the surgery he will have to do, but he is going to start it out orthoscopically, and may need to do some larger cuts once they get inside and see where it is exactly and what it is attached to. In the CT you can see that it is touching her lung, heart and esophagus. He cant tell if it is inside or not and if so then that is when they would have to make a larger incision to remove that portion of her lung. The cyst has grown quite a bit since our last appointment but he seemed like that was ok. Wee pretty much just dont know how things are going to play out until he can get inside and look. All in all he feels really good about her surgery and is sure everything is going to be fine, of course he had to tell me all the things that could happen and those are not sitting well with me right now and that is probably why I am so emotional, I tend to think the worst! However I know she is strong and is in not only great hands over in Children's hospital but she is in her Heavenly Fathers hands and everything will be fine. Her surgery date is August 28th so we will keep you all posted on how things go!

14 comments:

Heather said...

Being a mom is so hard sometimes! We will keep you guys in our prayers- everything will be o.k.. Hugs and kisses- from the crew in Utah :)

Becky Noftle said...

I cried just reading it.

Angie said...

It is definitely so hard to trust someone you hardly know with your child. Letting them take them away is one of the worst feelings in the world.
Be strong! Lean on Matt and Heavenly Father. You are in our thoughts!

Brenda said...

Now I'm all emotional. She's in our prayers. Miss you guys!

Katie said...

You know I'm here for you! It's never easy when your child has to go through this kind of thing...Aftyn's a lucky girl to have you as her momma and knows how much she's loved.

A little advice...remember, you don't have a choice in the matter!!! It's hard when we "try" to be in control, and it's so out of our hands. It's only in God's hands and He's with you every step of the way and when you can't be there with Aftyn in that operating room, He will be holding her.

Praying is about the only thing you can do as you anticipate her surgery day. Hugs to you and hang in there! Think positive, try not to go there, and have faith!!! She's sure a cutie pie and will do just fine, she's a strong little girl.

Glad the stroller came in handy too :)

Unknown said...

You are in my thoughts. We will be saying a prayer for Aftyn. Hang in there. She is such a little sweetie and what a beautiful little baby.
Take care, Jessica

Heidi said...

That is so sad to see them when they are SO little and have to undergo something like this. We hope all goes well!!!

Sounds like your trip to Cali to see family was fun. Love all your guys' swimsuits. :)

Brooke said...

Hang in there. Such a sweet post. Give her big hugs and kisses for us. Everything will be ok! You are all in our prayers! Love and miss you guys. xoxo

Anonymous said...

That makes me sad just reading it. That would be hard, hang in there. We will definitely be thinking of you on surgery day.

Holly said...

Mom said she was such a good little girl the whole day. She will be a trooper on surgery day...and she will have A LOT of people praying for her! Love you guys!

Krista said...

I so hate that you are having to go through this! Katie is right, she will be in God's hands and praying is the best thing you can do! Try to not focus on all of the what if's and give it to God, He will give you peace and comfort like no one can!!! We along with everyone else will be praying for Aftyn and for you! Love you, Krista

Melanie and Justin said...

She is so beautiful! We are praying for you.

Melanie and Justin said...

We are also stalking you through your blog:) We love the pictures!

Sammi said...

courtney! i cant find my music on my blog! HELP!need to put a new one on!