the andersens...

matt . courtney . avery . adalynn . aftyn

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A no picture update!

*pictures will be coming soon! One thing at a time people!

So I guess it has been too long! This is going to sound almost like a Christmas letter because I have things to update on each member of our family!
As for Miss Avery Mae, she has pretty much quit the almost 6 year thumb sucking habit or battle should I say. The dang thing just could not stay out of her mouth. After trying every trick in the book I went back to the first thing which is bribery and it is working, we have a trip to Chuck E Cheese in the works! She is doing great in school and loves being there. Her new thing is that she wants a horse. She rode one all by herself, Thank you Ashlee, and now believes she is ready to take care of one too! Funny I know!
Adalynn, is still hilarious, she turned 3 on January 17th, and now since she is 3 she reminds us all the time that she is a big girl so she can do whatever she wants! She is so excited to go to pre school with Mrs. Katie, what kind of Mom tells her daughter she gets to go to school 6 months before she actually get to go, every morning I hear do I get to go to Mrs. Katies today or do I get to go to Jaces!
Little miss Aftyn is growing up all too fast! She is so sweet! She is walking around all the furniture and having conversations with us all the time! She loves peek a boo and her sisters! She is saying lots of words but most importantly...Mommy, with a high eee sound at the end...I love it! She has thrown us for yet another loop, we were told that the thing in her chest which they were pretty sure is the Thymus, is growing. We are taking her back over for another CT scan to find out what it is. He told us the possibility of a recurrent Bronchogenic cyst is very rare because she had a complete resection, however he doesn't expect the Thymus to be showing growth like this either. So once again we wait and see. She has also had some weight issues, she is pretty tiny, along with all of Matts family, so I wasn't sure what the big deal was until they told us she hasn't gained weight for almost 6 months. We are trying our hardest to feed her everything in sight along with all of our friends and family to try and put some weight on her.
Matt is never home, he is either working his real job or working on building me a beautiful house, so I can't complain except for we do miss him around here.

7 comments:

Heather said...

So glad for an update! I can't wait to see the house, but mostly those three beautiful girls :) I really need to fly up for a weekend soon. We had so much fun staying with you guys over Christmas- even watching Molly get hit and all! I thought I would be traumatized forever. But I think I'm over it. Miss you guys and we'll keep sweet Aftyn in our prayers. Give her a great big hug and kiss from Auntie Heather :D

Brenda said...

Way to go Avery Mae! I love Chuck E Cheese just about as much as your mom does;) Adalynn-we miss you around here. You're mentioned often. Aftyn-what the heck girl? You've given your mama enough drama! I'm sorry Matt's been MIA lately, but it will soon pay off I'm sure. We're thinking about you and we'll keep sweet little Aftyn in our prayers too!

Louise said...

Hooray, the blogging drought is finally over! I love the post, you summed things up beautifully.

Miller Family said...

We will keep Aftyn in our prayers! As for the horse thing, I might be a six year old thing right now. Colin thinks he needs one too! I think they all play horses at recess. We keep reminding him that we have horse power (his motorcycle), not horses at our house. We will see how long that lasts. Drove out to my sisters the other day and saw your house. Wow! I bet you are sooo excited to get in.

Brooke said...

I finally get around to checking your blog and look what happens. The girls are growing up way too fast! Please know that Aftyn and Jackson are in our prayers. Love and miss you guys! xoxo

Anonymous said...

HOORAY! An update. I did get to see pictures of your girls on Becky's blog so thank goodness for that:) We haven't seen you in ages, maybe you should slow down a bit!

Jason Stewart Family said...

Oh goodness...Courtney you are sooo funny and your girls are adorable! Ms. Avery is six soon! I am sure she is like Jett and she cant wait. Ms. Aftyn is sooo sweet..she is the best baby ever.