We had a follow up appointment with Dr. Avansino on Wednesday and everything went pretty well! My good friend Emily came with me, Thank you so much, you re the best! After her surgery we went in for her post op appointment and he noticed something different in her chest x-ray so he wanted to have some other people look at at and then he would let us know if it was anything to worry about. Well it turns out that where her cyst was, left a big opening in her chest and her Thymus sort of floated in there and stayed there. It is nothing to be worried about for now because it doesn't seem to bother her. It will just be something we have to follow up on. However her weight gain is not real impressive, she weighs 16 lbs now, and has only gained about a pound in the last 4 months. She is a horrible eater, I can get her to eat an 8 oz. bottle, it is a frustrating process and is very messy but we get it don't only to have her throw most of it back up. She has pretty much always been a spitter but it has just gotten worse and now it is showing. She has had some drops on her weight curve, but she has finally made it on the charts! Anyways, he said in complete doctor talk a few "conditons' that stem form a bronchogenic cyst that may be causing this so he would like us to come back next week for an upper GI and we will go from there. Other than that our little miss is doing great, she is so sweet! I wish she would stop worrying her Mama though, I don't handle this very well!
House pictures
17 years ago





10 comments:
Courtney, I am so sorry to hear that there are lingering effects from Aftyn's surgery. I am a worrier too, that must be so hard. I will pray for her and keep watching for updates. Love you!
Praying for you and Aftyn. I am a worrier too, but keep giving it to the Lord and He will pull you through!!
That was nice of Emily to go with you! That is too bad there are other issues to deal with. I feel your pain about the difficult feedings and then throwing it up. Preston is still a bad eater and likes to throw up on us. Grrr.
I am a horrible friend!! How is it that I didn't even remember about her follow up appointment and on top of that not even calling to check on you. I hate living on the "other" side of town for that reason, I feel like I am so far out of the loop. How hard is it to pick up the phone and call!!! Your little babe is in our prayers, hope things are okay!!
Well, Ms. Aftyn ... none of that matters cause you are soo cute...but true you need to stop worrying your mom ... we all think you are fabulous and if your mom needs anything ...let me know!!! Love you guys!
Sybil
The "worrying", unfortunately comes with parenthood. No one told us about that part! Hang in there, it will all turn out ok because there are too many people praying for her/you.
I think the only bad part about parenting is the constant worrying and you have had your fair share of extra worries with beautiful Aftyn! I'll keep her in my prayers. I am so grateful for you and for being able to get to know you and your girls better, hope to visit with you soon.
She has a hard time gaining weight just like her Aunt Becky. She will be fine, she is just too curious and busy to eat right now.
I the pics of the house, thanks for posting the new ones. Watch out you don't want to get TPed.
Dang. I thought I had already commented on this! I hate that. Anyway, we've kept sweet Aftyn in our prayers. I think Will is gaining enough for the two of them. We can't wait to see you all. Only 5 1/2 more days...but who's counting?
Post a Comment