the andersens...

matt . courtney . avery . adalynn . aftyn

Monday, February 18, 2008

I know...I'm a horrible Mother!


So let me explain...Matt came home for dinner and I was in the kitchen cooking, Matt was watching TV in the TV room Avery was in our room watching TV. Adalynn was crawling around, she went into my room, which she ALWAYS does to hang out with Avery, She comes back out maybe one minute later and she is totally laughing. I look down at her and I was like, Aaaahhh!!! I first thought she had gotten into some nail polish. No much worse! She crawled into my shower stood herself up and reached for my razor! She had a little cut on her lip and on her thumb! I felt really really bad but.... it was pretty funny for all you who know how her laugh sounds, to hear her laughing with blood all over her mouth! I for sure win Mother of the Year, I know!

10 comments:

Brenda said...

Trevor and I are both laughing in horror. It's so sad but soo funny! But so terrible, but hysterical. I just can't believe she wasn't screaming! What a toughy! I can totally hear her laughing.

Louise said...

Ouch Adeline- what were you thinking baby girl? I have to admit, I gasped a little when I saw the picture- but the big smile on her face is an absolute crackup!

Heidi said...

Ouch!!! I can't believe she was even laughing after that! Kids move too fast sometimes and it's amazing what they find. Kate found a black permanent marker when I was showering and decided to color my kitchen walls, fridge, stools, pillows and other things. It was horrible!

melanie said...

Poor Addy!! I thought for sure she was eating licorice and about died when you said it was blood. I've only heard her laugh a couple times but it's hilarious. I hope it heals fast so you aren't reminded of her wound everyday!

Holly said...

Owch Addie! Don't worry Courtney...I have won the mother of the year contest too...many times! I miss that sweet little cutie!

Courtney said...

Im must say in my defense, it looks a lot worse then it is. This morning when she woke up you couldnt even see the cuts! Still sad!

Becky Noftle said...

If Michael ticks me off tomorrow (There is a 90% chance) then i am going to spring that Addy blood picture on him--that'll learn 'em!

Becky Noftle said...

If Michael ticks me off tomorrow (There is a 90% chance) then i am going to spring that Addy blood picture on him--that'll learn 'em!

Marnie Bergeson said...

For some reason, cuts on the lip bleed like crazy and look horrible. I made a mental note to put my razors up higher - I can picture this happening in our house too.

Anonymous said...

i love the pic, she looks so happy.