the andersens...

matt . courtney . avery . adalynn . aftyn

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Our 2 Christmases!

THE DINOSAURS!

They were too nervous to get any closer!

MY PARENTS HOUSE...


Adalynn and her baby! Avery and Kit Kitredge
Adalynn trying to take a picture Hugging her new baby

Holden, Adalynn and Avery Adalynn singing to her baby!
My Family

OUR HOUSE...

"Leave me alone Mom"

Avery rockin out with her microphone and Adalynn loved her "sorsey"
Guitar!
This year was a lot of fun! Avery was so excited about Santa coming, she just had 2 concerns, one was that she didn't know if Santa knew her name and the other was if Santa knew she was going to be at Nana and Papas on Christmas day. So we made sure to write that in our letter to him and what do you know... Santa came to our house the day before we left for California and then he came again on Christmas day! He is amazing! So we started our our Holiday here at home and the girls had so much fun opening presents, Avery is really in to Hannah Montana, I don't know how since she has never seen anything of hers, she is starting into Barbie and she still LOVES princesses! So this year she got all of that and more. Adalynn loves Horses and babies and pretty much anything Avery has. They both got hairstyling stuff and Avery got her first REAL blow dryer and they were a hit, it is so fun to watch them do each others hair. Then we went to California and that was a deal trying to get there! Monday morning I woke up early and called Southwest to get our flight status and everything was clear and said it was on time, so we headed to Spokane to fly to Boise to get my nephew Holden and then to CA. Well when we got to Spokane all flights had been canceled and the woman told me that we might be able to get out Christmas eve but no guarantees! After my little melt down, Matt had me convinced we would make it to Boise in time to fly out and get to CA that night! So off to Boise we drove, the roads were horrible, I had not prepared for the 10 hours my poor girls were going to have to be in the car and I was stressing out! I hate driving and I really hate driving in the snow, but we made it!
We had a lot of fun at my parents house, the girls both got an American girl doll from my parents and when Adalynn opened hers, she started singing twinkle twinkle to it, it was sooo cute! My parents have a house on the Colorado river in Arizona so we spent New Years there! On the way the way home we stopped and had lunch with the dinosaurs! We had a great time, and are excited for this New Year! Its going to be a busy one!

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Courtney Avery looks just like you! :)
she is darling! looks like a great Christmas

Darin and Angie Smith said...

I am so glad you had a safe trip, even if it was eventful. I love it when Santa is full of surprises.
PS: I didn't see Audrina on the voting????

Miller Family said...

Glad you had safe travels and tons of fun. Wow, those dinosaurs...the boys would love them. Happy New Year!

Louise said...

Fun pictures! Poor Avery and Adalynn, such deprived children! Glad your home safe and sound.

Holly said...

So glad you made it home safe! I hate driving in the snow...but I do believe you hate it even more. I had to laugh thinking how glad Matt was to be on the roads though...instead of in the sky!

Sophia said...

Are those dinosaurs here or are they up by you! Lincoln would love it!! I was sad we missed you it was a crazy Christmas! Next time give me a call and good luck with number three!!