the andersens...

matt . courtney . avery . adalynn . aftyn

Saturday, March 21, 2009

We are home!


Buckled up ready to go home!

She's back from the NICU

Aftyn was blocking the bag of water from coming
out so when she came, so did a tidal wave, and the
poor doctor was soaked!


Right before she went down to the NICU


Day after she was born

Matt and I before she arrived!
So here is an update! We actually got to come home on Tuesday which was so nice because Matt and I were about to go insane in the little hospital room! Aftyn was doing so well so we didn't have to stay!
The delivery was "normal" for my standards. I tend to go get a little out of control during labor so since this delivery was going to be stressful enough I had decided to get an epidural to make things a little calmer for all those involved! Since I have my babies so fast we decided to put the epidural in at the same time they started the pit, and then they actually put the epidural medicine in when I needed it. So I was freaking out about the epidural and they came in to do it while Matt was in the shower so I had to do it alone...I was so nervous, I hate needles! When I started to feel the contractions they sent the Anesthesiologist in to pump up my epidural and she got a phone call and I swear she never turned the thing on. They gave me a button that I was supposed to be able to push to give me the drugs and every time I pushed it told me no. I was so mad, I had actually gone through with the epidural and then couldn't reap the benefits from it! This delivery was no different than the last two. The pain was only really bad for maybe 5 minutes or so, and then she was here! I was so nervous at that point just praying and hoping for a healthy baby that could breathe, I really did not want her to have to go over to Children's without me. After a little bit, one of the doctors brought her over to me so I could give her a kiss before they took her to the NICU for evaluation. Matt went with her there and I remember waiting in the room for what seemed like days to finally see her and hold her. She only had to be in there for about 2-3 hours. We are just very grateful to have her home and doing so good. We are to go back to Children's when she is 2-3 months old to figure out when the surgery will take place and just exactly how they are going to do it. We thank all of you who have helped us and prayed for us we really appreciate it!

12 comments:

Krista said...

Oh Courtney...she is soooo perfect! She honestly couldn't be any prettier:) I can't believe you were so brave, got the epidural and never reaped the benefits...total bummer!! I guess it's a good thing you go super fast! I was so bummed to miss you guys tonight but hopefully our kids will get better (someday) and I can come hold your sweet Aftyn...I'm having serious pain over this:) Hoping her coloring is getting better too. We love you guys! Marc & Krista

lisa said...

She is adorable and I am glad it all turned out so well, we love you guys and cant wait to see you when you come this way. Lisa

Heidi said...

You have very interesting labor/delivery stories! That's too bad the epidural didn't work especially since you went through the pain of getting one! It was fun to visit with you guys. She is adorable.

Miller Family said...

Courtney, she is beautiful. I am so glad you were able to come home Tuesday. The comforts of home are undescribable. I loved the pictures of Becky's kids with their newest cousin. Can't wait to see pics of Aftyn with her big sisters! Take care and hope to meet sweet Aftyn soon.

Heather said...

What a beauty! Can't wait to meet her! Love you guy tons.

Unknown said...

She is just so perfect. We are so glad that you are home and everything is great. Take care!!
The Stewart Family

Marnie Bergeson said...

You are one tough mom Courtney! She is so cute...she has a perfect little face just like your other two. Can't wait to meet her and see you.

Brooke said...

CONGRATULATIONS! She is absolutely beautiful. xoxo

Holly said...

It makes me sad to look at pictures of her because I want to hold her so bad!! Can't wait to come and meet her. I cam calling dibbs on getting to hold her first! You guys all look great!

Brenda said...

She is so cute and so fashion forward. We are so relieved that she is home and doing so well. I can't wait to meet her too!

Vanessa said...

She is so beautiful Courtney! Congrats!!! Your labor story is crazy, I bet your glad that's over. Hope everything goes well with her surgery in a few months, we'll be praying for you.

Melinda said...

She is beautiful!!!!! Congrats!!